Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Rose Among Thorns


An Inkpop Review

Author: S.A. Lucian
Type: Book
Genre(s): Paranormal, Romance, Mystery, Historical fiction
Current Ranking: 14
When I first saw this book, I thought, based on the title and the cover, that this was a fairytale retelling. It isn't, but that doesn't make it any less enjoyable.

The plot was certainly original, and every twist kept me surprised. It was one that was unique, and I had never heard of certain parts, but it was well-explained.

Like the plot, none of the characters were cliche.  Katie, a cheerleader, was dating a math nerd, John, and she stuck up for her boyfriend when the mean b**** made fun of him and their relationship. The romantic interest was not a vampire or a werewolf, and for that I was extremely grateful. As I said before, everything about this book was original and kept me guessing until the end.

A great read with a well-deserved spot in inkpop's rankings.

No comments:

Post a Comment