Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Anna and the French Kiss

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.

As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near - misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?
(from Goodreads)

So. My four-word reaction: This book was AWESOME. Let's start with the things I think could have used a bit of work, then get onto the good stuff.

The cover and title are okay. A bit too girly for my taste, but it is a romance book, so they were passable. I would like to say, thought, that I would never have read this book based on the cover and title. I had heard such good things about it that I knew I had to pick it up.

Onto the good stuff!

I don't think there was anything bad I could honestly say about the writing part of this book. The writing was flawless. The characters were perfect - they had their flaws and everything, but they, especially Anna, were really relatable. And the way Stephanie Perkins painted the setting was amazing. I've always wanted to go to Paris, but I felt like I was actually there.
I wasn't expecting to like this after reading the title, cover, and blurb, but it had been getting such good reviews I knew I had to. And I don't regret it. :)


In short, go read this book now!

No comments:

Post a Comment